Wednesday, January 21, 2009

U.N. Footsie

Every Wednesday night, my school has a gym reserved for the ITC participants, and a few of us try to make the most of it. Tonight, we had a small group--A Romanian, a Indian, an Azerbaijani, a Norwegian and an American (me). I was the sole female representative, but that seems to be the trend over here. We started off playing soccer, which resulted in a couple goals by yours truly (although I badly missed a penalty kick), before switching to some good old two-on-three volleyball. I didn't succeed in persuading the group to set the net to the right height (I'm taller than most), but since they gave me some leeway in soccer (passed me the ball), I decided not to object too strongly. :)

Playing sports always reminds me how much I miss them, so I'm happy to report that the ITC is going to have a Chatham House volleyball playoff match with the ETC (European Training Course). But they don't know this yet, so shhhh.. :)

No comments: